godtalketc

Conversations concerning public expressions and involvement of the evangelical community.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It has been nearly three months since my last blog. It has been a period of darkness in my soul as I have struggled with the requirements in time and energy from a new job. It is a re-discovery of the difficulty we face of putting into practice the truths we may hold intellectually. I hope that I am once again sensing the Lord's leadership but cannot know myself well enough to be certain. Time alone will tell. If I continue the blog I think it will be with the attempt to construct more fully a description of the shape and form the modern church needs to seek. Just what did Jesus really intend? Is the primacy of Paul legitimate? Or do we need to find a way to incorporate more fully the Gospel accounts into our perspective? Is there a way to escape the grip of institutionalism? Can Jesus be followed in a way less dependent on institutional structures? How would Jesus react to today's church? Would he say something like, "This is not at all what I had in mind. You have simply replaced the old with a new form. Although the words have changed from the old the substance is essentially the same--that of attempting to please God through religious means." More to come, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home